Senior Quantity Surveyor Profile:
An international contractor is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on data centre construction projects in Dublin. This position is to be based predominantly onsite with some remote working.
This project is a hyperscale data centre and the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be focusing on building envelope packages. The contractor has a large number of projects throughout Europe, predominantly in the data centre construction sector.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Senior Quantity Surveyor Key Activities
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the following tasks:
- To manage the commercial and cost management aspects for the delivery of the programme of investment and planned works.
- To provide commercial and cost management support to the procurement and operations department.
- Accurately measure and value the works undertaken by the operational teams and contractors.
- Ensure to manage the cash flow/payment notices and advise the Commercial Director of any future delays so these challenges can be effectively resolved before client involvement.
- Support to agree on final accounts with the Commercial Director before these are submitted to the client.
- Advising on and developing suitable procurement strategies.
- Identify, analyse, and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Closely review interim and final accounts submitted by subcontractors, challenge value completed, and certify ready for payments. Undertaking site inspections and audits as necessary.
- To maintain a full understanding of all relevant contracts and their provisions.
- Work alongside all departments effectively within the company, developing professional relationships to deliver the best quality and value against all projects.
- Ensure all commercial areas are managed by contract and the relevant financial rules and regulations.
- Raise purchase orders on the internal financial system, managing the payment processes for all contractors and consultants.
- Work with the project/operations management team to integrate robust resource management plans to effectively deliver complex international projects.
- Attend regular weekly and monthly meetings alongside the Commercial department to ensure alignment with the department and organisational strategy, the company vision, and values.
- To have and maintain knowledge of the implications of health and safety regulations both within the U.K and internationally.
- Support and provide detailed advice and relevant action concerning contracts.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, conducting the procurement process.
- To support with other additional requirements and responsibilities, as required, and as requested by other members of the management team (if within the skillset and impact for the commercial department).
Senior Quantity Surveyor Specification
The following will be required of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Knowledge and understanding of Construction Law.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ability to run and complete reports via Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive experience in cost management of large projects.
- Detailed knowledge of current building and construction regulations and contractual matters.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will possess the following:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Ideally experience working on a data centre construction project
- Experience working on externals packages
To Apply for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre or life sciences construction sector, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/