Senior Cost Manager Job Profile:
A multinational tech company is looking for a Senior Cost Manager to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based in Central Paris with a longevity of work spanning many years.
The expectation is for three days per week to be worked on site.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Senior Cost Manager Specification
The following will be required of the Senior Cost Manager:
- Roughly 8+ years experience in cost management (If you don’t quite have this, but you’re great, we’d still love to speak to you).
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects is essential.
- Prior experience working for a consultancy or end client is essential.
- Able to work on-site in Paris at least 3 days per week. Rotation packages are not being offered for this role.
Senior Cost Manager Activities
The Senior Cost Manager with be responsible for the following tasks:
- Leading the data centre project level cost management and traditional quantity surveying functions.
- Working with and supporting all project stakeholders to monitor the project and to coordinate project cost reviews in all stages of a project from front end planning, through delivery, execution and close out.
- Providing regular briefing to the Project Manager on project financial status, issues, and concerns; keeping the Project Manager informed daily of any issues that arise.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to project controls and project systems functional groups on actual experiences gained during implementation of new tools, processes or procedures.
- Supporting in the change control and approval process. Attending all weekly change meetings, provide contractual, construction cost and budget advice on all proposed changes. Keep record of all changes up to date on a weekly basis.
- Supporting the PM in tracking changes and their schedule/value impact. Maintaining a live Change Order Request Log, reviewing weekly with the project team and support uploading into Compass on a weekly basis.
- Leading the change management process at field level including coordinating the timely commercial analysis and negotiation of all project changes instigated by the company or submitted by contractors and vendors.
- Coordinating with project stakeholders to ensure that all changes correctly capture any schedule impact in addition to commercial evaluation.
- Utilising project management systems and tools to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures, and forecasts.
- Leading the field cost control procedures utilising the Client systems. Supports external cost audits.
- Validating and reporting on cost performance against the baseline estimate.
- Preparing Project Financial reports for presentation during monthly project reviews.
- Tracking, preparing and submitting project funding update requests when contract modifications are received.
- Accurately forecasting, analysing and explaining variances against monthly progress and resource utilisation projections.
- Attending regular meetings with Regional/Global Project Controls to keep all project reports in sync with tools and templates.
- Provision of Cost Reports throughout the project updated monthly using the applicable Reporting Tools and Templates.
- Provision of a Cash Flow Report on a monthly basis to target within +/- 4% variance from actuals, including agreement of accruals with management and provision of Month End Cash Flow Variance explanations.
- Assessment of the monthly SAP Financial Report and alignment of Cost Reports with project Financial Reporting.
- Collect data and compile final cost report for close out and benchmarking purposes.
- Compilation and maintenance of CM Value add logs issued on monthly basis to Regional Cost Lead (EMEA)
- Compilation of Final Account and negotiation of same with GC and OFCI Vendors.
- Presentation of the final account to stakeholders for agreement.
- Provide assistance with regard to any contractual claims that may occur on the project. Depending upon the complexity and scope of any contractual claim this may be treated as an additional service with dedicated additional resources
- Manage the process of securing Contractor’s Confirmation of Project Close-Out.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the final archiving of all contract documents.
A longer, full set of roles and responsibilities is available.
To Apply for the position of Senior Cost Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/