Project Manager Job Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for a Project Manager to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based in Zurich with the project due to kick off in early 2024.
This contractor largely works on data centre construction projects across Europe, with most of their business being focused in the DACH region.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Project Manager Key Activities
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Project Manager with be responsible for the following tasks:
- Main project lead on site, responsible for the successful delivery of the project
- Agreeing project objectives in the areas of timely delivery, cost, quality, and client satisfaction
- Representing the interests of the company and client
- Responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical and engineering expertise throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Liaising with the local authorities and ensuring that the works are performed in compliance with the local requirements (permits, HSE, Quality, Statutory approvals)
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Organising the various professional people working on a project
- Monitoring the workflow of sub-contractors ensuring guidelines are maintained.
- Monitor construction to ensure quality of workmanship and materials.
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Work to resolve critical site issues.
- Ensuring all the aims of the project are met.
- Co-ordinate project activities in accordance with company Quality System, Standard Quality Procedures and Engineering Specifications
- Ensure Design Team provide required information on time.
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress.
- Assisting the Project QS with the accounting, costing, and billing to ensure the project is on budget.
- Agreeing programme and delivering the project in accordance with same
- Chairing site meetings
- Ensuring the project is running in accordance with the programme and on budget.
- Ensuring an efficient construction site
- Delivering projects with the highest quality
- Working with the Health & Safety Department ensuring safe construction at all times
Project Manager Specification
The following will be required of the Project Manager:
- 15+ years’ experience
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects
- Prior experience working for a general contractor
- Home-based near Zurich
Project Manager Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Project Manager will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Must be eligible to work in the Switzerland with requiring a new visa / work permit
To Apply for the position of Contracts Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/