Project Manager Job Profile:
A multinational tech company is looking for a Project Manager to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based in Central Paris with a longevity of work spanning many years.
This position is full-time on site.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Project Manager Specification
The following will be required of the Project Manager:
Project Manager Activities
The Project Manager with be responsible for the following tasks:
• Set up, chair and minute project site meetings as may be required and, ensuring that the Global Cloud Provider team is fully informed
• Prepare and maintain a Project Execution Plan identifying the roles and responsibilities of the project team, the Contractor and specialist sub-contractors and suppliers and seek approval from the DCD CPM.
• Establish the procedure for communication between Global Cloud Provider, the consultant team and Contractors and use reasonable endeavors to ensure that this procedure is observed at all times.
• Establish the Change Management Process for the project and manage the process by liaising with the Global Cloud Provider team, consultant team and Contractors in clarifying all necessary scope, justification and technical detail. Assist the DCD CPM in the communication of any instructions under the process.
• Liaise with the Global Cloud Provider team, consultant team and Contractor to establish all key project processes to support the project’s delivery and monitor these processes reporting and making recommendations to the DCD CPM.
Liaise with the Global Cloud Provider team, consultant team and Contractors to establish, review and regularly update the Project Risk Register. Agree and monitor Risk Mitigation Plans and provide input into quantitative risk analysis reviews. Chair and manage risk workshops.
• Prepare and issue for the DCD CPM’s approval a monthly Project Manager’s report, weekly status update reports and provide input into other stakeholder reports and presentations as may be required.
• Monitor the performance of the consultant team, Contractor and Client’s vendors and report to the DCD CPM.
• Undertake regular site walks to promote and observe safety and progress. Report and track any corrective actions through to timely completion.
• Liaise with Integration Lead to develop and manage the Integration plan
• Liaise with the consultant team and co-ordinate the preparation of alternative viability studies, feasibility studies, sensitivity analyses and investment appraisals
• Advise Global Cloud Provider on specialist services, including consultants, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers required in connection with the Project.
• Liaise with the consultant team and advise Global Cloud Provider of its obligations under local and national jurisdictional construction, design management or safety regulations or statutes.
• Comply with all local and national jurisdictional construction, design management or safety regulations or statutes insofar as they relate to this Appointment.
• Advise Global Cloud Provider on the need for staff resident at the Site.
• Liaise with the consultant team and advise Global Cloud Provider on statutory approvals required and fees due in respect of the Project. Recommend payments process and procedure to the DCD CPM.
• Through the Design Team and Contractor, liaise with utility, local and statutory authorities to establish their requirements for the Project. Check that those requirements are communicated to Global Cloud Provider, Design Team and Contractor, and use reasonable endeavours to secure compliance with them.
• Support the Client in discussions with neighbours and other third parties.
• Review the General Contractor’s Construction Plan, Site Logistics Plan, Health & Safety Plan and Quality Plan prior to construction start. Make recommendations to the DCD CPM.
• Liaise with the Global Cloud Provider team and the consultant team and establish a structure and procedure for quality management. Establish review, approval, variation and reporting procedures. Prepare recommendations for the DCD CPM’s approval.
• Liaise with the consultant team and prepare a scheme design, or similar, report summarising the Project Design, cost, programme, constructability, opportunities and risk register. Establish review, approval, variation, and reporting procedures. Prepare recommendations for the DCD CPM’s approval.
• Advise for any addendum needed in the scope of Building Contract and consultant team appointments to Global Cloud Provider and advise on additional works required by third parties.
• Liaise with the consultant team and identify any specialist/proprietary or long lead building components and systems. Prepare recommendations for the DCD CPM’s approval.
• Liaise with Global Cloud Provider and the consultant team and advise on methods of progressing construction works prior to the execution of the Building Contract.
• Monitor and report to the DCD CPM on the procurement progress status.
• Liaise with project site teams, the consultant team and the Contractor for Value Engineering exercises and related optioneering/feasibility studies. Make recommendations to the DCD CPM.
• Agree submittals and other documentation required from the consultant team under the Building Contract.
• Check the safety policy and processes prepared by the Contractor. Prepare recommendations for the DCD CPM’s approval.
• Undertake regular Site inspections. Obtain progress and quality reports from the site staff representing Global Cloud Provider, the consultant team and the Contractor. Present and make recommendations to the DCD CPM.
• As appropriate to these services and as may be reasonably necessary coordinate with the consultant team and Contractor visits to the sites of the extraction, fabrication and assembly or testing of materials and components to inspect such materials and workmanship before delivery to the Project Site.
Agree all test certificates and statutory and non-statutory approvals required from the Professional Team and the Contractor.
• As may be required, liaise with the consultant team and the Contractor to prepare reports to the DCD CPM on the implications of any proposed variations in the works and of any actual or anticipated delays to the progress of the works on the programme and the Project cost plan or claims. Advise the DCD CPM on appropriate action to overcome delay.
• Liaise with the Global Cloud Provider team, the consultant team and the Contractor and prepare and maintain a handover plan or similar management tool, identifying the roles and responsibilities of Global Cloud Provider, the consultant team and the Contractor.
• Establish review, approval, variation and reporting procedures. Prepare recommendations for the DCD CPM’s approval. • Coordinate all parties and prepare Substantial/Practical Completion documentation, submittal of manuals and Handover documentation
• Monitor and report on the development of the Commissioning Plan, processes and test sheets and documentation. • Liaise with DC Operations team to define the O&M Manual content and delivery.
• Establish the process for coordination of all snagging activities, schedule and stakeholder engagement.
• Liaise with the Global Cloud Provider team, the consultant team and the Contractor and prepare and maintain a defects administration plan. Establish review, approval, variation and reporting procedures. Prepare recommendations for the DCD CPM’s approval.
• Liaise with the Global Cloud Provider team, the consultant team and the Contractor and facilitate a workshop review of lessons learned. Compile results and issue a report with recommendations to the DCD CPM.
• Monitor and report on the progress of remedial works during the rectification period and the making good of defects. • Advise the client on any improvements that may increase Project efficiency.
• Advise on discrepancies, inconsistencies or mistakes in design documents and ask for rectification.
• Monitor compliance with Global Cloud Provider requirements
Monitor the construction process on site on a daily basis and promptly alert Global Cloud Provider to any potential delays or cost difficulties.
• Issue instruction for removal of any damaged work and for execution of protective work
• Request the Global Cloud Provider’s approval to proposed changes and issue the necessary instructions
• In conjunction with Global Cloud Provider, issue in due time all instructions, statements, certificates, decisions and notices as may be necessary or required.
• Monitor queries and responses between contractor, Global Cloud Provider vendors and Global Cloud Provider internal departments
• Prepare schedule of defects after consultation with Global Cloud Provider and issue instructions requiring defects to be made good
• Oversee developments of contractor’s detailed critical path method schedule • Monitor schedule progress and budget compliance through contract process
• Evaluate, recommend for approval and process payment applications through client • Assist AE team, as required in quality control of design and construction process
• Support to evaluate and resolve change orders applications
• Cause AE/other consultants to actions their punchlist of works
• Assist in TOC/certificate of Occupancy and other approvals from authorities/statutory suppliers • Settle any outstanding claims on construction
• Ensure all notices are administered in accordance with the construction contract and Global Cloud Provider Requirements
• Interface with Sub station PM to verify any interferences and coordination required of the GC appointed for each SOW to reach common schedule.
• Verify if any job required by Data Center GC have impact on Substation GC schedule. Monitor and coordinate them with Sub station PM.
• Ensure boundary limit works are clear set up in the initial phase of the project
To Apply for the position of Project Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/