MEP Quantity Surveyor Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for an MEP Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on data centre and life sciences construction projects throughout the Nordics. This position is to be based predominantly onsite with some remote working and will require someone who is currently living in Denmark or is willing to relocate.
This main contractor has a large number of projects throughout Europe, predominantly in the data centre and life sciences construction sectors.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
MEP Quantity Surveyor Key Activities
Responsible for the following tasks:
- MEP Systems Conceptual budgeting and estimating
- Quantification and pricing of construction documentation from the conceptual phase to and including complete construction documents
- Trade Partner and vendor ‘relations building’, evaluation, selection, and procurement
- Being a technical expert in Mechanical / Plumbing (and/or) Electrical scopes.
- Working with the Precon team to bring the technical expertise into our proposals and estimates.
- Leading communications with MEP subcontractors and having a pulse on the market and trends
- Offering innovative ideas and value engineering for the client to consider
- Preparation and analysis (scoping) of electrical, fire alarm, mechanical, plumbing, fire sprinkler, HVAC and BMS/BAS & EPMS controls bid packages.
- Being a vital part of the company being “technical experts” and aggressively provide innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Leading or involved in Subcontract Procurement processes.
- Make Trade Partner award recommendations to the customer/owner and negotiate and finalize subcontracts with trade partners.
- Presentation of estimates/budgets/alternatives to owners/customers
MEP Quantity Surveyor Specification
The following will be required:
- Detailed knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, or both building systems and components
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues
- Speaks English and one of the Nordic languages
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethic and a “can-do,” solution-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of advanced technology and life science projects preferred
- Experience with construction estimating software preferred
- Experience with Building Information Models preferred
- Team Player and ability to work in highly collaborative work environment
MEP Quantity Surveyor Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- A formal education B.Sc. or M.Sc. as mechanical, electrical engineer, or related education is preferable
- At least 5 years’ experience in MEP Quantity Surveying, preferably work on data centre or life sciences projects
To Apply for the position of MEP Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre or life sciences construction sector, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/