M&E Package Manager Job Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for an M&E Package Manager to join their team working on pharmaceutical construction projects. This position is to be based initially in Bern, Switzerland with other projects coming up in both the same location and elsewhere in Europe.
This contractor largely works on life sciences and data centre construction projects across Europe, with most of their business being focused in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Switzerland (though they also have projects throughout the Nordics, some of Eastern Europe, and lots of Western Europe). This company is large with excellent opportunity for progression.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
M&E Package Manager Key Activities
The successful M&E Package Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file
- Management of Site QA, specifically with regards to the Mechanical and Electrical packages including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with project team, consulting Engineer and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with Project including: Labour, Material, Plant and Equipment, Variations, Valuations
- Management of all day-to-day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minute meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable
- Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
- Upload to the project Filekey system, with the support of the project QS, internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control, e.g.: late deliveries
- Issue internal weekly progress report, to the Project Manager, highlighting areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage. This will be rolled up into the external Project report
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
- Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are being captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with your team
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme)
M&E Package Manager Specification
The following will be required of the M&E Package Manager:
- Prior experience working on pharmaceutical projects is essential
- Prior experience managing a large site of around €100m is ideal
- Prior experience working for a main contractor is ideal
- Must be able to work in the EU / Switzerland without requiring a new visa / work permit
M&E Package Manager Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful M&E Package Manager will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Must be eligible to work in the EU without require a new visa / work permit
To Apply for the position of M&E Package Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/