Health & Safety Advisor Job Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based initially in Sweden (local to Stockholm) with other projects coming up in both the same location and elsewhere in Europe.
This contractor largely works on data centre construction projects across Europe, with most of their business being focused in Sweden, Germany, and Denmark. This company is large with excellent opportunity for progression – they’re well known for giving as progression opportunity as the individual is seeking.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Health & Safety Advisor Key Activities
Responsible for the following tasks:
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Drafting where required & maintaining HSE Plans.
- Development of task specific Method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the Supervisor
- Coordination of project safety indicators. Monthly KPI report to Group HSE Manager
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
- Safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Ensure records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool, and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
- Company site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks.
- Method Statement briefings
- Assist or carry out accident/incident/near-miss investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to project management.
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
Health & Safety Advisor Specification
The following will be required of the Health & Safety Advisor:
- Roughly 2-10 years’ experience
- Prior experience working on data centre, pharmaceutical, or other high-tech projects is highly desired
- Prior experience working for a general contractor is ideal
- Must be able to work in the EU / Sweden without requiring a new visa / work permit
Health & Safety Advisor Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Must be eligible to work in the EU / Sweden without require a new visa / work permit
To Apply for the position of Health & Safety Advisor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/