Energy Compliance Lead Job Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for a Energy Compliance Lead to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based initially in Sweden (local to Stockholm) with other projects coming up in both the same location and elsewhere in Europe.
This contractor largely works on data centre construction projects across Europe, with most of their business being focused in Sweden, Germany, and Denmark. This company is large with excellent opportunity for progression – they’re well known for giving tremendous progression opportunity to those seeking it.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Energy Compliance Lead Key Activities
Reporting to the Regional MEP Construction Manager, the Energy Compliance Lead with be responsible for the following tasks:
- To align energy compliance activities so they are completed in a safe manner ensuring the Health and Safety of all stakeholders is kept to the forefront of any decisions made or works executed
- To lead by example and ensure all stakeholders are made aware of MEP energy specific Health &Safety policies and procedures and ensure that Health & Safety forms a key part of any discussions
- To be fully aware of and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the existence of any hazardous energies and any site-specific management strategies (Lock Out Tag Out) around these sources of energy
- To provide technical and practical advice and assistance and offer training on energy compliance where necessary
- To collaborate with the project Health and Safety Team around best in class Energy Compliance
- To review and promote sustainable energy resources across our projects
- To undertake audits for compliance with energy isolations and lock out/tag out procedure
- To liaise with contractors, procurement, & local authorities around energy compliance
- To keep up to date with industry legislation and energy compliance regulations
- To have a full working knowledge of project systems and equipment and to track systems installation to ensure energy compliance and manage this at each stage of the project build
- To complete site inspections to ensure installations conform to relevant requirements
- Take ownership of the company Lock Out Tag Out protocol from a site leadership standpoint and hold others to account around its content
- To ensure that contractors and vendors are adequately resourced to complete works competently and safely
- To review the site construction power system (Temporary Power) to ensure it is installed to meet ongoing construction and commissioning requirements
- To chair and input into onsite and offsite meetings with all relevant project stakeholders as per project requirements
- To keep accurate records of audits, audit findings and remedial works.
Energy Compliance Lead Specification
The following will be required of the Energy Compliance Lead:
- 3+ years’ experience in an energy compliance role.
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects.
- Prior experience working for a general contractor
- Must be able to work in the EU / Sweden without requiring a new visa / work permit.
Energy Compliance Lead Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Energy Compliance Lead will possess the following:
- 3rd Level MEP/Sustainable Energy/ Environmental Science related Engineering Degree and/or Trade Qualified background
- Must be eligible to work in the EU / Sweden without require a new visa / work permit
To Apply for the position of Energy Compliance Lead , or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/