Contracts Manager Job Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for a Contracts Manager to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based initially in Sweden (local to Stockholm) with other projects coming up in both the same location and elsewhere in Europe.
This contractor largely works on data centre construction projects across Europe, with most of their business being focused in Sweden, Germany, and Denmark. This company is large with excellent opportunity for progression – they’re well known for giving tremendous progression opportunity to those seeking it.
You can find our other currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/
Contracts Manager Key Activities
Reporting to the Project Director and Construction Director, the Contracts Manager with be responsible for the following tasks:
- Agreeing project objectives
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Attending pre-tender and tender handover meetings
- Planning projects to ensure they are programmed for successful delivery and the aims of the project are met
- Delivery of pre-site meetings to the site team
- Ensuring site team compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Making sure the project is running in accordance to the programme and on budget
- Implementing risk management processes, review risk register and check risk controls
- Ensuring an efficient construction site
- Delivering projects with the highest quality and ensuring that QA documents are produced and maintained
- Representing the interests of the company and the client
- Producing and analysing progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
- Budgeting resources and implementing forward planning
- Reviewing CVRs on a monthly basis with the project team and implementing necessary actions
- Managing and monitoring sub-contractors to ensure Company processes and procedures are adhered to
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing to ensure the project is on budget
- Co-ordinating the various professional people working on a project
- Setting the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of health and safety procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations for safe construction at all times
- Allocating health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Safety Statement, checking understanding of the roles and providing training as necessary
- Building and maintaining relationships with both the client and external customers
- Leading meetings with the customer and report on progress to date
- Ensuring that works are carried out in a manner which minimises community impact
Contracts Manager Specification
The following will be required of the Contracts Manager:
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles.
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects.
- Prior experience working for a general contractor
- Must be able to work in the EU / Sweden without requiring a new visa / work permit.
Contracts Manager Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Contracts Manager will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Must be eligible to work in the EU / Sweden without require a new visa / work permit
To Apply for the position of Contracts Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the life sciences or data centre construction sectors, please either use the form on the right or contact us on +44 (0) 1252 938 100 or ContactUs@centrelineresourcing.com at Centreline Resourcing. You can also find our currently advertised jobs at https://centrelineresourcing.com/jobs/ or check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/centreline-resourcing/